AR Contest Announcement
Important Note: All Contests in the 2020 Facebook Online Hackathon Series are governed by their Announcements provided on this website and by these terms and conditions.
To register for the AR Hackathon Contest track, click on “register for this hackathon” on the contest page at www.fbar2.devpost.com
Using Spark AR Studio, create a World AR effect for Instagram. World effects layer AR experiences on surfaces, objects and people in your environment, and are viewable using the world-facing camera on your smartphone (not the self-facing camera). We can’t wait to see how you augment your world!
- May 15th - June 24th
- Deadline to submit is June 24th at 5:00 pm EST
Judging/Security Check/Winners Announcement
- Judging and Security Check will take place between June 25th - July 14th
- Winners will be announced on or about July 15th
- Submit the Share link to the Spark AR effect for Instagram (which includes the effect ID). If your effect is not yet published, you may provide the preview/testing link.
- Provide a link to your publicly accessible code repository containing the project file.
- Include a video of your completed solution/project. Be sure to talk about the Spark AR Studio features you used to build your effect.
Prizes for winning Individual, Org or Team:
- 1st Place: $3,000 + Oculus Quest 64GB VR headset (ARV: $399 USD; 1 per individual, 4 max per Org or Team) + At least one 30-minute virtual meeting with a Facebook
- 2nd Place: $2,500
- 3rd Place: $1,500
All prizing subject to full Official Rules. Cash prizes are to be divided amongst the team members. Team members are responsible for distributing the cash amongst themselves. Oculus Quest devices, subject to availability, shipping restrictions and delays, and if unavailable may be replaced with an equivalent prize. Mode and method for delivery of all prizes, including electronic payment or other legal tender, scheduling and medium for virtual meeting with engineers at Sponsor’s discretion based on availability.
You may be disqualified from the AR Hackathon Contest and forfeit any prizes you may be eligible to receive if Facebook reasonably believes that you have not complied, or attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the AR Hackathon Contest, in accordance with the 2020 Facebook Online Hackathon Series Terms.