9 months ago
There’s only one week left to enter your submission to the Facebook Hackathon: AR. Don’t wait until the last minute - submissions are due June 24 before 5pm EDT. (Find out what time that is in your city)
If you haven't started a submission yet, please do so now. (We’ll walk you through our submission form process if you need help) and if you have any last minute questions, be sure to join the final Facebook Q&A session and check out the FAQs.
Run through this list before you sit back from your project:
- Are you submitting an Instagram World Effect that touches on all of the judging criteria?
- Does your software use Spark AR?
- Have you created a submission video? Does your video clearly demonstrate how your app works? Is it about 2 minutes long?? (See these video-making tips)
- Have you included at least one screenshot of your project?
- Have you provided a link to your code AND your Instagram Spark AR Effect for judging and testing? (You may provide your published share link or a preview/testing link)
Pro Tip: Don't wait until the last minute to upload your video. Due to file size, format, and your Internet connection, uploading a video to Facebook Video, YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku could take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours. We cannot stress this enough! There have been many times a submission becomes ineligible due to errors with video rendering and uploading.
Be sure to read through the official rules more than once. Or better yet, have a friend or colleague provide a second pair of eyes to make sure you didn’t miss anything.
If you have any questions about the hackathon, please post on the discussion forum.